About San Pedro Family Care:
We see patients by appointment Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Routine appointments can be made within three business days. For urgent appointments we can usually see you the same day if you call before 2:00 P.M. We may need to schedule you for the next day if you call after 2:00 P.M. If you think that your follow-up appointment will take longer than 15 minutes let us know when you make your appointment. We do our very best to stay on schedule, but if we are seriously delayed, we will try to notify you. Please assist us by being on time for your appointment.
On your first visit we will begin a permanent record. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to complete a registration form. Please bring your insurance card and current list of your medications each time you come to see the doctor. If you don't have a current list, bring the actual medication bottles. This will speed up the in-processing and allow the doctor to spend more time on your concerns. Also bring the names and addresses of previous doctors or hospitals so we can send for those records if needed. To help avoid overcrowding in the lobby, please try to limit those who accompany you to those that are necessary for the visit.
If you are unable to keep your appointment please call our office 24 hours in advance. This courtesy allows us to be of service to other patients. Failure to do this will result in a $25 charge and/or dismissal from the practice.
Emergency & Hospital Care:
In a true emergency it is best to go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. If it is determined that you require hospitalization and can be treated at the Benson Hospital, your physician will be notified and your care will be given by the on duty hospitalist.
To save you time and expense, we may have you call us to report on your condiditon, or we may call you with some test results or instructions. These calls may be taken or made by one of our assistants or by the doctor. If you have a non-urgent question or request and the party you wish to speak with is unavailable, you can leave a message on his/her voicemail. Unless we are out of town we check our messages every working day. Messages are generally returned after we are finished seeing patients for the day.
Your medical record is strictly private. Without your permission we will not give out information regarding your condition to your employer, friends, or relatives. The only exception is when the law requires it.
In order to reduce misunderstanding between our patients and the practice, we have adopted the following financial policy. If you have any questions about the policy, please discuss them with our Office Manager. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care and service to you and regard your complete understanding of your financial responsibilities as an essential element of your care and treament.
• Full Payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made in advance by you or your health insurance company. Please remember that you are responsible for any charges not covered by your insurance carrier. We will try to inform you at the time of service what those non-covered charges will be.
• For your convenience we accept VISA, Mastercard, or Discover Card as well as Cash or Check.
• There will be a $25.00 service charge by the practice on all insufficient fund checks.
• Some insurance companies require you to make a co-payment with each doctor's visit. This will be collected before you see the doctor.
• A minor cannot be seen without the parent/guardian approval. For all services rendered to minor patients we will look to the adult accompanying the patients for any payments due.
• We offer a significant cash discount for same-day payments. Some rules apply, so ask our receptionist.
Doctor Patient Relationship:
These are best when based on mutual understanding, respect, and confidence. We strive to keep our medical knowledge and equipment up to date, and to make a special effort to explain everything to you regarding your condition, mediciations, and treatment. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. We need and want your suggestions and comments on what we are doing well and on what we can do better so that we may better serve you and your family and friends.