Dr. Carter Mayberry
Dr. Carter Mayberry joined San Pedro Family Care in 1998.
• Born in Benson, AZ. Raised in St. David, AZ
• Valedictorian, St. David High School, class of1980, GPA 4.0.
• Served LDS mission in Maracaibo, Venezuela,South America for 19 months. Fluent in Spanish.
• Graduated with GPA 3.85 and With Honors from University of Arizona, College of Agriculture, Animal Sciences, 1986
• Graduated from University of Arizona College of Medicine, 1991
• Family Medicine Internship, University of Illinois, Rockford, Illinois, 1991-92
• Family Medicine Residency, Mercy Medical Center, Denver, Colorado, 1992-94
• Whiteriver Indian Hospital, Staff Physician,1994-98
• Private practice, Benson, AZ 1998-present
• Hobbies: cycling, gardening, reading
• Background: Our ancestors helped settle St.David in 1877 and have been in the valley ever since. I knew early on after I graduated from high school that I wanted to return to raise my family here. I plan to be buried in the same cemetery as my preceding four generations of ancestors.
• I enjoy providing healthcare to those who helped raise me, even when sometimes that is difficult.
• I enjoy the variety in Family Medicine: from taking care of newborns, to teens, to adults and to those who are at the end of their lives.
• I enjoy learning how to promote a pleasant office environment for patients, employees and providers.
• I enjoy cycling as a way to stay fit and to think. I ride in El Tour de Tucson every November. In March 2012, I competed in my first Senior Olympics.